Date of Last Revision: July 19, 2021
TopSolarCompanies.com ("TSC") is an online forum created to help give consumers a voice and keep consumers informed.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEBSITE AND ANY INTERACTIVE FEATURES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED HEREIN AND ALL TERMS, GUIDELINES AND DISCLOSURES INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE THIS WEBSITE. These terms and conditions of use ("Site Terms") apply to your access to, and use of, the website TopSolarCompanies.com, LLC ("Company"), located at TopSolarCompanies.com (the "Site") and the information and other services provided therein (the "Services"). These Site Terms do not alter in any way the terms or conditions of any other agreement you may have with Company, or its subsidiaries or affiliates, for products, services or otherwise. If you are using the Site on behalf of any entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to accept these Site Terms on such entity's behalf and personally. Company reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in these Site Terms or any policy or guideline of the Site, at any time and in its sole discretion. Company will provide notice of these changes by posting the revised terms on the Site and indicating on the Site Terms the date it was last updated. Any changes or modification will be effective immediately upon posting of the revisions on the Site. Your continued use of this Site following the posting of its changes or modifications will constitute your acceptance of such changes or modifications. If you do not agree to the amended terms, you must stop using the Site.
- Consent to Receive Emails By using the Site, you consent to receive emails from TopSolarCompanies.com or any of its affiliates, which may include commercial emails provided such emails are in accordance with the preferences you select in the email and notifications page of the Site. You may change such preferences by changing your account settings on the email and notifications page of the Site. Please note that as long as you maintain an account, you may not "opt out" of receiving service or account-related emails from TopSolarCompanies.com. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Copyright and Limited License Unless otherwise indicated, the Site and all content and other materials on the Site, including, without limitation, the Company logo, and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, reviews, information, data, software, sound files, other files and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, the "Site Materials") are the proprietary property of Company or its licensors or users and are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You are granted a limited, non-sublicensable license to access and use the Site and electronically copy, (except where prohibited without a license) and print to hard copy portions of the Site Materials for your informational, non-commercial and personal use only. Such license is subject to these Site Terms and does not include or authorize: (a) any resale or commercial use of the Site or the Site Materials therein; (b) the collection and use of any professional listings, pictures, profiles, ratings or descriptions; (c) the distribution, public performance or public display of any Site Materials, (d) modifying or otherwise making any derivative uses of the Site and the Site Materials, or any portion thereof; (e) use of any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; (f) downloading (other than the page caching) of any portion of the Site, the Site Materials or any information contained therein, except as expressly permitted on the Site; or (g) any use of the Site or the Site Materials other than for its intended purpose. Any use of the Site or the Site Materials other than as specifically authorized herein, without the prior written permission of Company, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws including without limitation copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Site Terms shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. This license is revocable at any time. If you believe that any material on the Site infringes upon any copyright, which you own or control, you may file a notification of such infringement with our Office as set forth below. Email Address of Designated Agent: [email protected] BestCompany.com, LLC 475 E. 1000 S. Pleasant Grove, Utah 84062 We may give notice of a claim of copyright infringement to our users by means of a general notice on the Site, electronic mail to a user's email address in our records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to a user's address in our records.
- Repeat Infringer Policy In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable law, Company has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Company's sole discretion, subscribers or account holders who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Company may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Site and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement. At a minimum, any DMCA removal request is required to include at least the following things: (1) Your name, address, telephone number, and email address; (2) A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (3) The exact URL or web address where the alleged infringing material is located. (4) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use has not been authorized by you, your agent, or the law; (5) Your electronic or physical signature or the electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on your behalf; and (6) A statement by you made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright ownerís behalf. NOTE: If you submit a removal request and you are NOT the copyright owner, or if you make any false statement in your demand (including a statement that our use of images is infringing when the use is clearly fair), you should be aware that the law imposes substantial liability for any damages and any attorney's fees incurred as a result.
- Trademarks TSC, the Company logo and any other product or service name or slogan contained in the Site are trademarks of Company and its suppliers or licensors, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Company or the applicable trademark holder. You may not use any metatags or any other "hidden text" utilizing "TSC" or any other name, trademark or product or service name of Company without our prior written permission. In addition, the look and feel of the Site, including all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, is the service mark, trademark and/or trade dress of Company and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned in the Site are the property of their respective owners.
- Hyperlinks You are granted a limited, non-exclusive right to create a text hyperlink to the Site for noncommercial purposes, provided such link does not portray Company, any of its products and services, or any professional or professional services entity in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner and provided further that the linking site does not contain any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable. This limited right may be revoked at any time. You may not use a Company logo or other proprietary graphic of Company to link to this Site without the express written permission of Company. Further, you may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Company trademark, logo or other proprietary information, including the images found at the Site, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page on the Site without Company's express written consent. Except as noted above, you are not conveyed any right or license by implication, estoppel or otherwise in or under any patent, trademark, copyright or proprietary right of Company or any third party. Company makes no claim or representation regarding, and accepts no responsibility for, the quality, content, nature or reliability of third-party websites accessible by hyperlink from the Site, or websites linking to the Site. Such sites are not under the control of Company and Company is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any review, changes or updates to such sites. Company provides these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply affiliation, endorsement or adoption by Company of any site or any information contained therein. When you leave the Site, you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Site.
- Information on the Site Company does not select, screen, approve, endorse or limit who can post Information or reviews (collectively, "Information"). In addition, although we reserve the right to review, remove or edit any content from the site, we do not routinely screen, monitor, or review the content of any such Information. As a result, we have no control over and we do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, applicability, completeness, currency or quality of any such Information or the qualifications of those posting Professional Information. TSC SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND FOR ANY PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION YOU ENCOUNTER ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, AND ANY USE OR RELIANCE ON PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Disclaimers and Acknowledgements Regarding Use of Site Information THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS (INCLUDING ANY INFORMATION) AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AS TO THE INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS IN THE SITE. COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT SITE MATERIALS, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE IN OR ON THE SITE, OR THE SERVICES ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE. COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ITS SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. While Company endeavors to provide and to allow others to provide useful information regarding professionals and professional services, you acknowledge that such information is reliant upon third party data and contributions, that there are certain inherent limitations to the accuracy or currency of such information, that professional and other information may be incomplete or may contain inaccuracies (including without limitation any interpretations and reviews of such information and Site Materials, such as TSC Ratings or Information), and that information on the Site may be outdated or contain errors, omissions or misinterpretations of information. You further acknowledge that an TSC Rating and the other information contained in a professional's profile, such as descriptions of a professional's areas of practice or specialization (including percentages devoted to each), and other data, summaries or descriptions on the Site, are based on the data obtained by or submitted to Company, which may be incomplete or inaccurate, and rely on automated interpretations of the information gathered by or submitted to Company. A TSC Rating reflects the Company's assessment of a given company, based upon the information obtained by or submitted to Company; someone else's assessment of the same company may be different or based upon different information. Neither TSC Ratings, or any of the other information contained on the Site, are an endorsement of this information. Furthermore, you should independently verify the accuracy of any information you obtain on the Site before using it, and you should obtain independent references for any company you are considering hiring. You agree to be solely responsible for your use of the Site, the Site Materials and the Services and for determining the suitability of, and the results obtained from, any company you hire. COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION COMPANY INFORMATION. WHILE COMPANY ATTEMPTS TO MAKE YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE SAFE, COMPANY CANNOT AND DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ITS SERVER(S), OR ANY CONTENT OR MATERIALS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES, SPYWARE, MALWARE, AND OTHER HARMFUL OR OTHERWISE UNDESIRABLE COMPONENTS FROM ANY DOWNLOAD. Company reserves the right to change any and all content contained in the Site and any Services offered through the Site at any time without notice. Reference to any service providers or organizations, educational institutions, associations, organizations, publications, licenses, accreditations, ratings, evaluations, endorsements, reviews, products, services, processes or other information, by name, trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation therewith, by Company.
- Limitation of Liability IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY OR ANY OF ITS CORPORATE AFFILIATES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR CONSULTANTS, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MEDICAL OUTCOMES, THE OUTCOME OF LEGAL MATTERS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO OR CONNECTED WITH ANY USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE CONTENT OR THE MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES, LOSS OR INJURY CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM RELIANCE BY USER ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM COMPANY OR THE SITE, OR THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES OR EMAIL, ERRORS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO COMPANY'S RECORDS, PROGRAMS OR SERVICES. THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF COMPANY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE OR IMPUTED), PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY MANNER TO THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE SITE MATERIALS, SHALL NOT EXCEED ANY COMPENSATION YOU PAY, IF ANY, TO COMPANY FOR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE.
- Third Party Content Company or users may provide links to Web pages and content of third parties as a service to those interested in such links and content, and Company may post third party content or allow users to post their content or third party content to the Site including without limitation Professional Information (such content is collectively referred to as "Third Party Content"). Company does not monitor or have any control over any Third Party Content or third party Web sites. Company does not endorse or adopt any Third Party Content or third party Website and can make no guarantee as to its accuracy or completeness. Company does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any information contained therein and undertakes no responsibility to update or review any Third Party Content or third party websites. Users use these links, Third Party Content and third party websites at their own risk.
- Third Party Services The Site may also contain, provide information regarding or link to certain applications and services provided or offered by third parties (collectively the "Third-Party Services"), including without limitation information related to professional services. Company is merely an information provider and is not a referral service, and it does not recommend or endorse any such Third-Party Services or monitor or have any control over such Third-Party Services. Therefore, Company makes no guarantee, representation or warranty of any kinds as to the quality, competency, value, reliability, responsiveness, accuracy or completeness of any such Third-Party Services or the results obtained therefrom, and Company assumes no responsibility or liability for any Third Party Services or for the actions or failure to act of those providing such Third-Party Services. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such Third-Party Services, and Company is not responsible or liable for any Third-Party Services.
- Advertisements and Promotions Company may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Site. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than Company, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. Company is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such non-Company advertisers on the Site.
- Submissions You acknowledge and agree that any materials, including but not limited to questions, comments, reviews, suggestions, ideas, feedback, plans, notes, original or creative materials or other information, provided by you in the form of email or other submissions to Company, or any postings on the Site, are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of Company. Company shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these materials for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
- Posted Content & Other Interactive Services or Areas The Site includes areas in which users may post content and information, including without limitation reviews, messages, questions and answers, guides, comments, data, text, photos, graphics or other materials (the "User Content"). You agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the Site any of the following: 1. User Content that is false, misleading, unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable, including without limitation any recommendation, endorsement, rating, or review of any company with whom you have not had direct, personal experience in a professional context or as a client of such company; 2. User Content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, violate any applicable rules of professional conduct, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law; 3. User Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. By posting any User Content, you represent and warrant that you have the lawful right to distribute and reproduce such User Content as provided under these Site Terms; 4. User Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity; 5. Unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations, including without limitation any advertisements for professional services, professional service providers, or professional referral services; 6. Private or confidential information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers; 7. Viruses, spyware, malware, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files; 8. Any answers, responses, comments, opinions, analysis or recommendations that you are not properly licensed or otherwise qualified to provide; and 9. User Content that, in the sole judgment of Company, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose Company or its users to any harm or liability of any type. Company takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, nor is Company liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter. Enforcement of the User Content or conduct rules set forth in these Site Terms is solely at Company's discretion, and failure to enforce such rules in some instances does not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce such rules in other instances. In addition, these rules do not create any private right of action on the part of any third party or any reasonable expectation that the Site will not contain any content that is prohibited by such rules. As a provider of interactive services, Company is not liable for any statements, representations, responses, comments or other User Content provided by its users in any review, rating, forum, question, answer, or guide. Company has no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any of the User Content posted in any interactive Area. However, Company reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to remove, screen or edit any User Content posted or stored on the Site at any time and for any reason without notice. Any use of the interactive areas or other portions of the Site in violation of the foregoing violates these Site Terms and may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use the interactive areas and/or the Site. If you post User Content to the Site, unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Company and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such User Content throughout the world in any media. You grant Company and its affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such User Content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that (a) you own and control all of the rights to the User Content that you post or you otherwise have the right to post such User Content to the Site and to grant the rights granted herein; (b) the User Content is accurate and not misleading; and (c) use and posting of the User Content you supply does not violate these Site Terms and will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity.
- Indemnification You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Company, its corporate affiliates, independent contractors, service providers and consultants, and each of their respective directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or related to any User Content you post, store or otherwise transmit on or through the Site or your use of or inability to use the Site or the Services, including without limitation any actual or threatened suit, demand or claim arising out of or relating to the User Content, your conduct, your violation of these Site Terms or your violation of the rights of any third party.
- Applicable Law and Venue These Site Terms and your use of the Site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Utah applicable to agreements made and to be entirely performed within the State of Utah (even if your use is outside of the State of Utah), without resort to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to the Site or these Site Terms shall be filed only in the state and federal courts located in Utah and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
- Termination Notwithstanding any of these Site Terms, Company reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your license to use the Site, and to block or prevent your access to and use of the Site.
- Severability If any provision of these Site Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Site Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.